CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

More of May

Just when I thought May could not get more packed into it, I was fooled again. Last week I had 3 funerals in 3 days. First, one of our good Fire Department friends was killed on the job at Timp Cave. He worked on the crew for the park. They were making sure the path was free of rocks, and somehow he went over the edge, falling about 500 feet to his death. That same day another friend, who we were in the same ward for years, passed away. She was born the same year as I was, and her kids and mine grew up together. Those funerals were Tues and Wed of last week. Then on that Saturday, my former mother-in-law passed away and her funeral was Thurs.
Saturday was our community Fireman's breakfast. 50 year tradition.
Here are Marian and the boys with Smoky the Bear. Marian leaned back just as I snapped the picture, and we missed Jackson's face. Ryan and Jackson on "Old Joe", the 1942 Fire Engine
And Ryan in the driver seat of the 2009 "tiller" engine.
Yesterday we took the boys with us to the cemetaries in Salt Lake. Paul got a new (to us) truck, so we took it for it's maiden voyage. When we got back, Jackson decided to climb the ladder. It is a big extension ladder that is leaning on the shed. He climbed up the ladder and onto the roof of the shed. I could not go get him, as I was in a dress and sandals. Paul had to get him off. The ladder will be moved today. 2-year-olds think they are invincible. I believe that lasts until they are at least 21 or 25. At least through the teen years.
Today the favorite toys are the toilet plunger and toilet scrub brush. Is there anything dirtier in the house?

2 comments:

  1. What a week you've had. Three funerals is a lot and then to have your little one climb on the roof? Wo! I'm glad Paul got him down ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, scary!! That boy has no fear!

    ReplyDelete