CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Is it really May?

Is it May or March? The trees and grass look like May, the weather feels more like March. Warm one day, cold the next. Snow, rain, sunshine and wind. It is hard to know whether to wear t-shirts or sweat shirts. Today the boys had on short sleeved t-shirts and sweat pants. Ryan wanted to wear his night shirt t-shirt, so Jackson had to also. They ran off with my slippers and Marian's tennis shoes, so had to take this picture. They are so funny.
Busy month for birthdays and anniversaries. Monday Kelsey turned 12. Jennie and I are going up on Saturday to help Dora with the BD party. It seems like she was just a toddler, running from the puppy (who is a 10 year old chocolate lab now). Then on Tuesday Jennie and Jeff celebrated their 3rd anniversary. Today is my mom's birthday and she is doing great.
Next week one of my brothers is celebrating his wedding anniversary recuperating from a total knee replacement. Then my brother just younger than me will have his birthday, followed the next day by Vonda and Robert's 20th anniversary. Then Kylie will turn 9, and Jeff will be another year older, and finished with his classwork. He has an internship to complete, then he can take his board exams and be a licensed funeral director.
(June is as bad. TONS of birthdays then, but will post that all later)
Today my little 98 year-old neighbor fell in the bathroom, causing some skin tears on her arm. Her skin is so paper-thin that there is no way stitches would hold. Just try to slide it back in place and bandage it there. Tonight she is feeling stiff and sore, but in good spirits. She kept telling me how glad she is that I am next door. She refused the ambulance and even a ride to the doctor. Her daughter lives there, but she was at work. Her sister-in-law came to sit with her until her daughter could get home. It is nice to be available to help. It is nice to be retired so I can do that. She has a home health aid who comes in on Mon, Wed, and Fri, so she will have it looked at then, and then on the weekend, I will run over and check on her again.
Happy spring (?) to all.

1 comment:

  1. Those boys always look so happy!

    When you have a family as large as yours is there's bound to be a lot to celebrate every month and some more then others.

    I think it is wonderful that you are a nurse and can help others. I faint at the sight of a needle -- wish I was tougher.

    ReplyDelete