CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day and President's Day

Greetings this fine wintery day. The weatherman last night said a chance of snow north of I-80. Well, they are reporting snow all along the Wasatch Front. Good for the ski resorts, though.
I have had the boys this morning, while Marian is at work. They have been soooo busy. The favorite place to play is in the kitchen sink, but they get the sprayer and shower the kitchen, so I don't like them to play there. And, Jackson has a stomach bug, so I have been on constant diaper alert. When they heard the laptop fire up, they both came running to play.
Paul gave me a dozen chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day.
This is the last one. The box top had these instructions: "Close and lock the door, Hide behind a large piece of furniture, Open box quietly, and Eat and enjoy" It also said: "Perishable. Contents tend to disappear when opened." I did share with Jennie, Marian, Paul, and the boys. Ryan was not so keen on them. He is not a sweets kid, but Jackson loved them.
Ryan does like Pasta, vegetables, and meat. Jackson won't eat chicken, but will eat about everything else.
We made sugar cookies for Valentine's Day. I took some to my Primary class.
Austin has qualified to go to the Washington State Wrestling Tournament this coming weekend. He took 2nd place in regionals. He has been having trouble with his knee, but it is doing well right now, so hopefully he will do okay with it during the matches.
Hayden is 11 months old. Yesterday he walked about 3 feet holding on to Jennie's skirt. He is so cute and happy. I will have him 3 days this week. He is getting so he plays with the boys and ooesn't seem to be afraid of them anymore. He still cries if they knock him over or are too rough, but they both cry if the other one does that, so I guess it is just what they do.

2 comments:

  1. You are certainly not any less busy now that retirement has found you. Enjoy!

    I'm excited for your wrestling grandson. My family is HUGE into wrestling. My sister's husband is a coach for Altamont; they took state as a team, captured 6 individual championships, four 2nds, and other 3rds or 4ths. My whole family was there -- brothers, sisters, parents --and we didn't even have anyone in the family wrestling.

    ReplyDelete