CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

One wounded boy


On Memorial Day morning, I woke to Jackson crying. We ended up in the Emergency Department and hour before my scheduled shift. Marian had already gone to work.

We stopped at Hart's to show Marian her wounded and repaired baby. He did very well. Only cried when we infiltrated the wound, and when we held him down.
The stitches are out now, and he is doing fine. He cried just as hard as when we held him to put them in.


Kylie turned 8 on the 25th, and was baptized on Saturday. I left my camera at home, but took these on my cell phone. We had lunch and birthday cake after the baptism. She is growing up too fast. They all are!
Other things in our life: We had to buy a new lawn mower. The old one is beyond repair, and we nearly had to borrow a horse or cow to mow the lawn, it was getting so long. Now the grass looks good again.
Paul and I have been asked to go on the Pioneer Trek again. It is to Martin's Cove in Wyoming. We will lead the medical team and take the motorhome, so we don't have to pull/push handcarts or sleep in tents. We had a good time when we went 4 years ago. This will be an entirly new group of kids. The youngest group from then just graduated from highschool, and very few of them will be going. We will be gone over the week of July 24.

4 comments:

  1. Jeff got a picture of Paul and Kylie at the church. I will make sure he sends it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous!! I have so wanted Jim and I to be a ma and pa on the treck. In our stake you have to be "called" to get to go because so many adults want to. Mom and Dad have been at least twice. My sister, Tracy, has taken her entire family.

    Go have a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson's lucky to have such competent grandparents! I'm so jealous of you going on the pioneer trek. What fun that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOYS!!!

    Rennen is getting ready for her first year at Girls Camp and I am remembering what junkies for camp Vonda and I were.

    The trek should be a good time!

    ReplyDelete